Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Two Weeks.

It's true. Can you believe it?



I'm not really quite sure where the time went. In the next two weeks, Julie and I will be finishing up the school year, wrapping up last minute things like report cards and end-of-the-year celebrations. Abby will be continuing to plan a July wedding, putting some of the finishing touches on the exciting day.




And, then, we'll set all that aside to drive to Chicago on a Sunday evening. After a night of sleep (or maybe trying to sleep), we'll head to O'Hare and set off on the journey of a lifetime.








I have been realizing lately that I do not feel prepared. At all. I am not packed. I just got my last vaccination today, but still have prescriptions to fill. We have 160 pairs of shoes sitting at our house, waiting to go in suitcases. I am not mentally prepared. I am not emotionally prepared to meet the birthmother of my siblings who is living as a victor over AIDS every single day. And, mostly, I have not been feeling spiritually prepared. I have been so overwhelmed with busyness and have neglected time with Jesus much more than I want to. But, God has reminded me once again that



IT IS NOT ABOUT ME. IT'S ABOUT HIM.



[and its HIS grace that will sustain us on this adventure, not my own preparation, or lack thereof]


-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment